So you’d like to sell more, huh?
I hope so, or you shouldn’t be here.
Nothing happens in business until something gets sold.
How to create direct marketing that sells
By Matthew Oxborrow, Founder of Medici
Medici is a specialist direct marketing and copywriting agency that creates research-driven marketing that clients can test and measure for maximum ROI.
Here, briefly, are some things we’ve learned:
1. The importance of product. Good marketing may sell a bad product once, but the public won’t buy it again and they won’t refer their friends. Bad products kill businesses.
2. The power of positioning. Your anti-perspirant product might benefit everyone, but if you don’t position it properly, you’ll sell it no-one.
3. Promise a benefit. What’s your primary value proposition? What’s the big problem your product or service solves? Why should the customer spend their money with you? Promise them something that the product can deliver.
4. Branding. The first goal of marketing is to sell, but it should take into account the unique image of your brand. Don’t chase short-term sales at the expense of long-term wealth.
5. Research. Don’t base your marketing on a hope and prayer. Study what’s been proven to work and apply it to your own marketing.
6. Persuasion. What makes people buy? Have you got their attention? Have you built desire? Have you reversed the risk? Have you amped up the emotion and backed it up with logic? Learn persuasion principles.
7. Understand your customer. How do they feel? What language do they use? The wrong message sent to the wrong person won’t sell.
8. Feed desire. It is impossible to manufacture desire. People will argue otherwise, but they’re wrong. You must tie your product into a desire that already exists in the customer. The desire may well be subconscious.
9. Ask for a response. You have the prospect’s attention and their desire. They want what you’re selling. Ask them to take an action and tell them how. This may be offering something free to build leads as part of a natural selling process. Only ask for one thing, not two.
10. Craft a clear and compelling message. Don’t confuse your prospect with too many messages. Take your big idea, your hook or your angle and run with it.
11. Test and measure. Don’t keep wasting money on marketing that fails. Test your marketing and measure the results. When you have a winner, keep running it for as long as it works. Some of the best ideas, messages, and campaigns remained profitable for decades.
Is this all we know?
No, it’s not. The remainder of our knowledge is shared in our weekly e-letter and used in client campaigns.
Matthew Oxborrow, Medici founder
It was David Ogilvy that said, “When I write an advertisement, I don’t want you to tell me you find it ‘creative.’ I want you to find it so interesting that you buy the product.”
He also said, “In the modern world of business, it is useless to be an original ‘creative’ thinker unless you can also sell what you create.”
The problem with the marketing world today…
…is that it’s rife with creatives that would rather be writing novels or making movies. They value their own creativity more than your sales and so there’s no clear purpose to your marketing. It’s costing you time, money and opportunity. In fact, it’s fair to say that…
…these people are feeding you lies and robbing you of the wealth and impact of which you’re capable.
So, before you accept my invitation for a free, informal chat about how Medici can help you create marketing that sells, you might want to consider what matters most to your business: sales or creativity?
If you believe that ‘brand awareness’ is the sole purpose of all your marketing, or that good marketing is good because it’s 100% original…
Then you should stop reading now and continue wasting your money on useless marketing. Because what you’re about to read is the truth about marketing. And the truth is… that the first goal of marketing is to sell.
“Advertisers who ignore research are as dangerous as generals who ignore the enemy.” – Ogivly
And we have the research, data, facts and figures to create marketing based on proven best principles… Not whims, hopes, prayers or creative hunches. That’s why…
If you want to sell more, you’re in the right place
At Medici, we’re aware of “brand awareness” and “creative genius.” But that stuff is the cherry on top. Now, cherries are nice, but our goal is to get YOU a larger slice of the pie… More customers, larger average order size, more repeat business, more money, more impact, and more freedom. And we’ll do all of that taking your brand into account.
You see, we’re marketers, not artists
And our job is to help you sell more. That’s why Medici is different. We’re not like those “creative” agencies that charge too much and deliver too little. We don’t measure what we do by how original or “creative” we are. We measure our work by how much your sales increase.
“Does this mean you’re not creative?”
No. Not at all. It just means creativity isn’t the goal. Selling is the goal. Our creativity is only important so long as it furthers the purpose of the marketing: sales. Creativity for creativity’s sake is art, not business.
Look, branding is important and so is brand awareness, but it’s not enough. Your marketing needs to take your customers on a journey that leads to their happiness, and your profit.
That’s why, when you hire us, you can be sure that everything we write, plan and create for you is based on research, data, and best practice principles.
Medici exists to create marketing that increases your sales. And, if we’re a good fit, we’d like to help you do just that.
To your success in business and life,
P.S. Do accept our offer of a free consultation. Even if it’s just a short chat and we don’t work together, you’re sure to take away something valuable from it that could increase your sales forever. It’s just a chat so don’t delay.
“Who are Medici for?”
For best results, you will:
- Be an established business with a pre-existing customer base and/or prospect list.
- Have an ongoing marketing budget to reach customers and prospects.
- Have a valuable product or service that delivers what it promises.
- Be anywhere in the world. Geographical location is not an issue. With most clients we work 100% remotely with Skype and email.
If you meet this criteria, you’ll have the greatest chance of maximum results in the shortest time. This means you can test our worth to you quickly and affordably with minimum investment.
But these aren’t pre-requisites, so if you don’t meet the criteria, it might be worth a chat anyway. You have nothing to lose by asking if we can help.
“What do I get when I hire Medici?”
Here’s exactly what we promise you:
- We promise to have your best interests (sales) at heart.
- We promise to research the industry, your competitors, and existing precedents to give you the best chance of maximum returns.
- We promise to give your marketing and business the time, effort and focus it deserves.
- We promise to act with integrity – so you know you’re working with someone you can trust.
- We promise to create research-driven marketing based on best practice principles so your business stands the greatest chance of success.
Marketing that doesn’t sell is a cost. Marketing that sells is an investment. At the start, it’s a case of testing and measuring to see what resonates with your customers. Research won’t guarantee results 100%, but it’ll certainly shorten the time it takes to achieve them.
If we can help you, we will. If we can’t, we’ll tell you. It starts with a free consultation and, if you like what you see, we can start with a small project and take it from there. If we don’t get you results, we don’t deserve your business.
Integrity in marketing
“Never write an advertisement you wouldn’t want your family to read. You wouldn’t tell lies to your own wife. Don’t tell them to mine.” – Ogilvy
Success in business is vital. But success in business isn’t success in life. We also value a good night’s sleep.
If you need to lie to sell your product, there’s something wrong with you, your product, your offer, or who you’re trying to sell it to.
We won’t lie for you, so don’t expect us to. You’d be surprised how powerful the truth is in marketing. It cuts through cynicism like a knife.
Do you struggle to know what to say in your marketing
and where to focus your efforts?
Many businesses struggle to create marketing messages that inspire customers to buy their product or service. Through consultancy, copywriting and direct marketing, we help you create messages that dramatically increase sales.
When it comes to talking about their business, most people are too close to the picture and don’t know where to start. Medici helps bridge the gap between business and consumer by creating successful marketing messages so you and your business can thrive.
How much is poor marketing costing you right now?
How many customers who need you can’t hear your message through the noise? Do prospects even know why they should buy from you? Your failure to connect with customers is costing you time and money. If you don’t improve your marketing messages, you’ll never create the kind of wealth and impact of which you’re capable.
When your website, landing pages, sales letters, emails and social media posts connect with your customers, your sales will sky rocket. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a lot more customers happy to give you their money?
Contact us now for a FREE consultation
You have nothing to lose by getting in touch today. Make the most of a free consultation right now. And, if you decide our services aren’t for you, you won’t have lost a penny. And you’re sure to have learned something in the process that you can use to grow your business. So act now. A change for the better justifies no delay.
Contact us today using the form below.